Warm Potato Double-Bean Salad
No mere side dish, this potato salad is hearty enough to make a meal.
- 1 pound small new potatoes, quartered
- 1 large egg
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) green beans, cut
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, place potatoes, egg, and enough cold water to cover both by 1 inch. Cover pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered about 8 minutes until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lemon zest (reserve some for garnish), lemon juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper to make dressing.
- Add green beans to simmering water and cook 30 seconds. Drain potatoes, egg, and green beans in a colander. Carefully crack cooked egg and place in a bowl of cold water for 1 minute, then peel and set aside. Add hot potatoes, green beans, chickpeas, and tomatoes to dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled. When ready to serve, chop egg. Top salad with egg, Parmesan, chives, and additional lemon zest, if desired.
Per serving: 308 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 51 g carb., 9 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 13 g pro., 167 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet