Warm Rhubarb Compote with Vanilla Yogurt Timbale
This dessert, just 167 calories, is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 pounds rhubarb, leaves removed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup best-quality currant jelly
- Evenly spoon yogurt into six 3-ounce paper cups. Place in freezer for about 1 hour until semi-frozen. (If making in advance, remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash but don't dry rhubarb. In a shallow casserole, stir rhubarb and jelly until all pieces are coated. Bake until rhubarb is tender, about 35 minutes, stirring twice. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Spoon rhubarb into 6 shallow bowls. Unmold yogurt and serve atop rhubarb.
Per serving: 167 kcal cal., 1 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 35 g carb., 2 g fiber, 25 g sugar, 5 g pro., 241 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet