Use this as a topping for crudo, grilled fish, or a chilled soup.
- 4 cups watermelon cut into chunks
- 1 small Habanero, seeded and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- Puree all ingredients together until totally smooth and then pour into a shallow metal pan; freeze for 1 hour.
- With a fork, scrape and break up the ice; freeze for another hour. Scrape and break up the ice once more before serving or store in freezer up to three days
- Recipe provided by chef Aaron Fitterman of Aretsky's Patroon in New York City.
- Photo credit: Aretsky's Patroon