White Bean Salad with Olives and Arugula
Take a sneak peek at what's inside the forthcoming The Ranch at Live Oak Cookbook (out in March 2015) with this satisfying salad.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 cups wild arugula leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- fresh ground black pepper
- Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the olive and sesame oils, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt.
- To the dressing, add the beans, carrots, bell pepper, onion, olives, and basil. Toss until coated. If you're preparing it in advance, cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving, toss in the arugula, tomatoes, and sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: 287 kcal cal., 20 g fat) (224 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 7 g pro., 24 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet