White Bean Tacos with Peach-and-Fennel Slaw
- 2 firm peaches, cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1 very small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 can reduced-sodium cannellini beans (19 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup water, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 8 soft taco-size whole-grain tortillas
- In a medium bowl, toss together peaches, fennel, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, toss, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add beans and water. Cook, mashing and stirring, until about half the beans are crushed and the mixture is hot, about 5 minutes. Add water as needed to prevent mixture from becoming too thick. Stir in parsley, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas. Divide the bean mixture and then the peach slaw among the tortillas. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Per serving: 522 kcal cal., 18 g fat (3.6 g sat. fat), 77 g carb., 15 g fiber, 17 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet