Whole Roasted Radishes
When it comes to radishes, our usual MO is to do as the French do: Slice them up and eat them with salted butter. It's simplicity at its best. And it's for that same reason we stopped in our veggie-loving tracks when our recipes editor told us about whole roasted radishes. Just toss a few bunches with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and then get them in the oven. Seriously - that's it. We love them alongside roast chicken or slow-cooked salmon...or sliced on bread smeared with salted butter. (Old habits die hard, you know.)
- 2 bunches radishes, ends and tops trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the radishes with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Roast until the radishes are tender and browning at the edges, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- This recipe originally appeared as Whole Roasted Radishes on PureWow.