Whole-Wheat Linguine with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, garlic, olives, salt, and red pepper. Let mixture sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain pasta into a large colander, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss linguine with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Place the tomato mixture in a sieve over a bowl to drain excess liquid, then lightly toss the mixture with the pasta. Add the basil, toss again, and serve.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 539 kcal cal., 24 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 647 mg sodium, 9 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 18 g pro., 174 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet