Wild Rice Salad with Radicchio, Apricots, and Walnuts
Snatch up radicchio before it disappears from farmers' markets at the end of April to make this bright, colorful, hearty salad. The bold, bitter leaf pairs perfectly with sweet apricots, chewy wild rice, and crunchy walnuts. Use fresh fruit for a truly spring dish or dried fruit to enjoy this anytime of year.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced very finely
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 head (1/3 pound) radicchio, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/2 cup sliced dried or fresh apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs or greens (such as parsley, watercress, spinach)
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Make dressing by whisking together garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- When rice is cool, toss with remaining ingredients and dressing. Serve at room temperature.
- Recipe provided by Sarah of TwoBlueLemons.com
Per serving: 413 kcal cal., 24 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 315 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 9 g pro., 50 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet