Wild Rice with Dried Cranberries
Wild rice has a nutty flavor and is pleasantly chewy.
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Rinse wild rice under cold water; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and saute until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add thyme, dried cranberries, and chicken broth to the vegetables and stir.
- Add rice to vegetables and cook according to rice package directions (about 30 minutes). Serve as a side dish.
Per serving: 1243 kcal cal., 109 g fat (15 g sat. fat), 62 g carb., 6 g fiber, 13 g sugar, 11 g pro., 47 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet