World's Fastest Veggie Frittata
This frittata is surprisingly low in calories, leaving room on your dinner menu for a roll and fruit.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packaged egg whites (or 4 large egg whites)
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cut-up salad-bar veggies (such as broccoli, mushrooms and bell peppers)
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan
- Lightly coat a shallow soup bowl with cooking spray. Pour in egg whites, pesto, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk with a fork to combine. Stir in vegetables.
- Place in microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove, stir once and cook for 1 minute more. Check for doneness. If the vegetables appear too raw, cover loosely with plastic wrap and cook an additional minute. Otherwise, cook uncovered for one more minute. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt.
Per serving: 151 kcal cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 618 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 26 g pro., 42 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet