Zoodles with Chicken and Spicy Almond Butter Sauce
Whip out your spiralizer and have some fun making pasta-like strands out of your zucchini. It's a much lower-calorie alternative to pasta, which will help keep your waistline in check.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (peppers, corn, carrots, broccoli, etc)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or water for a less sweet sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- Spiralize zucchini and place in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and let sit.
- Saute chicken, garlic and vegetables over medium heat until chicken is cooked.
- Wrap zoodles in paper towels and squeeze to remove some of the excess moisture.
- Add to pan and heat through.
- Combine last 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour sauce into pan and mix well. Serve warm.
- Recipe by Lindsay Livingston, R.D., of The Lean Green Bean.
Per serving: 12 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 16 g carb., 5 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 31 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet