Zucchini, Spinach, and Jalapeno Soup
Easy to prepare and loaded with greens, this vegetable soup offers a smooth texture and rich taste. The jalapenos add a spicy surprise. Did we mention it's also gluten-free?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, rinsed and sliced thin (bottom white part only)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 jalapeno, diced. (remove the ribs and seeds if you like it less spicy)
- 4 medium sized zucchini, medium dice
- 1 9 - 10 ounce bag triple washed organic spinach
- filtered water or chicken stock
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- In a medium to large saucepan saute leeks, garlic and jalapenos in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, and cook for 10 minutes, until the leeks are super soft.
- Add zucchini and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add enough filtered water or stock to just cover the veggies. Cook for 5 more minutes until zucchini is soft.
- Turn off the heat and add bag of spinach. Stir to combine and the spinach starts to wilt. Add a good pinch of sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- Add soup into a blender in batches. Place cover on top, and put a towel on top of the lid. Hold the lid down with one hand and pulse a few time to get it started. Then turn blender on and puree until smooth. Repeat with rest of the soup. Taste for seasoning, add more salt if needed.
- Recipe provided by Chef Alexandra Thomopoulos.