Royal Palms AZ Sweepstakes: Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- How To Enter: Beginning at 12:01 a.m. (ET) on May 15, 2013, visit www.shape.com Web site and follow the "ROYAL PALMS AZ" Sweepstakes" entry directions. All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. (ET) on MAY 20, 2013. Only one entry per person and per e-mail address, per day (24 hour period) will be accepted. Any person who attempts to participate with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times on a single day (24 hour period) will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. All materials submitted become the property of American Media, Inc. ("Sponsor") and will not be returned.
- Winner Selection/Random Drawing: One (1) Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about JUNE 3, 2013 from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by representatives from the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by telephone on or immediately after drawing date of JUNE 3, 2013.
- Grand Prize: Four day / three-night stay, double accommodation at the Royal Palms Resort in Scottsdale, Az and includes:
--Guided hike up Camelback Mountain
--Dinner for two at T. Cook's restaurant ($150)
AIRFARE IS NOT INCLUDED; ground transportation to/from airport is not included. Trip to be taken by: May 31, 2014. Blackout dates may apply, and will include Christmas week, and holiday weekends. Based on availability. Approximate retail value of prize: $1,547.
Grand Prize package does not include taxes, insurance, telephone charges, room service mini-bar and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Final travel arrangements and choice of accommodation to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the guest of the Grand Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such parent/legal guardian must pay his/her own expenses. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure; and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor's obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
- Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years or older. Employees of American Media, Inc., its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law. Limit one prize per family/address/household. All federal, state and local taxes and any unspecified expenses relating to the acceptance and use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- Grand Prize Winner must complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility /Release of Liability /Publicity Release (where legal) /Prize Acceptance Form within seven (7) business days of attempted notification. Guest of Grand Prize winner (if a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) must complete, sign and return a Release of Liability and Publicity, prior to issuance of travel documents. If any Prize or affidavit or release is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if Sponsor does not receive a response from any potential Winner within seven (7) business days of attempted notification, such Winner may be disqualified without compensation of any kind and such Prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner. Non-compliance with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification and award of Prize to an alternate Winner. By accepting Prize, Winners consent that Sponsor may use the Winners' names, photographs, or other likenesses, the Winners' hometown and biographical information, statements concerning the entry, or Sponsor's products without further compensation for purposes of advertising, trade, promotion, and merchandising, except where prohibited by law. Grand Prize Winner must also make him/herself available to travel at Sponsor's expense for promotional purposes. By participating, entrants agree to hold Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the directors, officers, employees, shareholders, representatives and assigns of any of the foregoing entities, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any Prize. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the Sweepstakes results are final in all respects.
- Neither the Sponsor, any telephone network, nor service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any Web site or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible, incomplete damaged, mutilated or misdirected entries or entries not properly forwarded to Sponsor. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and conduct a random drawing to award the Prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at www.shape.com. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action (in addition to disqualification from Sweepstakes of persons believed to be responsible for such damage).
NOTE: Internet entry must be made by the entrant, only at the authorized website address of www.shape.com. Entries made by any other individual or entity and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and as such ruled ineligible for this Sweepstakes.
- PRIVACY/OPT-IN: Any information entrants provide to the Sponsor will be used to communicate with entrant in relation to these Sweepstakes. Sponsor may also share this information with third parties who are participating in this program.
8. For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Shape/Royal Palms AZ Sweepstakes; 4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10004. Requests must be received by June 3, 2013. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
- This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Media, Inc., 1000 American Media Way, Boca Raton, FL 33464.