Lose 8 Pounds in 5 Days, Yes You Can!
Yes, that's the result you can get with the 5 Day Fast Forward plan in my new book Cinch! Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds and Lose Inches. The question is:
Is a strict 5 day "detox" for you?
When I wrote Cinch! I thought about my 15+ years of experience counseling people for weight loss, and here's what I determined – about half of the people I've worked with are completely uninterested in any sort of cleanse, detox or rapid weight loss approach. In fact, even thinking about being restricted can make them crave food more intensely or rebound overeat. If you fall into that group, the 5 Day Detox is NOT for you – and that's why I made it optional (there's a quiz in the book to help you sort out your feelings).
But the other half of my clients need to see quick, significant results in order to feel successful, motivated and confident enough to commit to making long-term lifestyle changes (e.g. the Cinch! core plan). Over the years so many of my clients have made pretty major changes only to see the scale drop by two pounds in seven days, an outcome that doesn't seem worth all the hard work. As a result they'll often say, "All that for just two pounds? Forget it!" then backtrack right into a pizza pie or a pint of ice cream. If that sounds like you the 5 Day Fast Forward can give you the momentum you need to keep moving forward. One of the women who tested my plan lost 7 pounds in 5 days and it was the turning point she needed. That success flipped a switch and now, 28 pounds later, she's still losing (recent research shows that losing weight faster may help some people lose more and keep it off - check out my previous blog on the topic here).
So when I thought about the perfect "detox" or "cleanse" I knew it had to meet 8 key criteria:
1) It had to generate quick results. This one does – up to 8 pounds in 5 days.
2) It had to include solid food, not just liquids. In my experience with my clients liquid cleanses are just too strict and not filling enough to keep you energized and prevent extreme hunger.
3) It had to be "clean" – no artificial, processed stuff.
4) It had to be nourishing, including protein, carbohydrate and fat, as well as plenty of nutrients and antioxidants.
5) It had to be vegan and vegetarian friendly.
6) It had to include foods you'd realistically enjoy eating – in other words if you're going to be limited you have to look enjoy what you do get to eat.
7) It had to be simple and repetitive – in my experience both are keys to rebooting your body quickly.
8) It had to be easy – easy to understand, easy to shop for, and easy to do.
I believe the Cinch! 5 Day Fast Forward delivers on all 8 conditions, and as you can see I followed my own advice from a blog I posted here nearly a year ago: 8 Dos and Don'ts of Detoxing.
So if you're curious come back tomorrow and I'll tell you exactly how it works – and how it can help you end eating chaos so you can transform your relationship with food – for life!