A No Gear Needed Home Workout
Easy and effective moves you can do anywhere
Even if you don't have a gym membership, you can still find a way to workout! Just use your own body as resistance to elevate your heart rate, get your blood pumping, and burn calories!
Perform each exercise below for 40 seconds, resting for 30 seconds between each exercise. Repeat the entire circuit 3 times.
* Jumping jacks
* Lunges: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and step forward landing with the heel first. The knee should be at 90-degrees and directly above the toes. Alternate legs.
* Jump squats: Perform a squat, then as you rise, jump in the air as high as you can. Make sure you land on the balls of your feet first, not flat-footed or on your heels to help prevent injury.
* Tricep dips: Sit on a chair with your hands next to or slightly under your hips. Lift up onto your hands and bring your hips forward. Bend your elbows and lower your hips down. Push back up without locking the elbows.
* Mountain climbers: Start on your hands and knees and get into in a sprinter's start position. Keep your hands on the ground and push off with your feet so you alternate foot placement (run in place.)
* Planks: Get into pushup position on hands and toes, or elbows and toes. Contract your abdominal muscles. Keep your back straight and hold the position. * Wall sit: With your back against a wall and your feet about 2 feet away from the wall, slide down until your knees are at a 90-degree angle. Hold the position.