Whenever I get a craving for something sweet and salty, I make this recipe from iVillage. It reminds me of the kind of food you can find at a state fair and satisfies me without weighing me down-literally.
Skinny "Kettle Corn"
Makes 1 serving
¼ cup unpopped popcorn
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
a pinch of salt
- Make the popcorn in an air popper or with 1 tbsp oil in a traditional popper.
- While it's popping, microwave the peanut butter for thirty seconds. Then add the maple syrup and microwave for another 30 seconds until melted.
- Pour the popcorn into a dish.
- Drizzle with the melted peanut butter and maple syrup and sprinkle with salt.
- Wait a few minutes to cool and enjoy!